Software Engineer (Backend)
We make cloud-hosted management systems for open source software on customer infrastructure. Many of our customers operate their own hardware, and use us to deploy, upgrade and support Openstack and/or Kubernetes on their hardware. Others use us to manage virtual machine or container workloads on AWS, GCP or Azure while some use a hybrid of on-premise and public cloud infrastructure.
Our team builds robust, scalable distributed systems that provide delightful customer experiences. As a fast-moving startup, we have the satisfaction of seeing our work directly affect our customers on a daily basis.
What our backend developers do:
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services and systems that are used by our customers as well as internal teams
- Help diagnose and debug production issues on customer environments
- Collaborate with other developers and teams to build features that will be used at large scale
- Follow – and develop – good engineering practices, tools and processes
- You can work as part of a team, and treat others with respect and kindness.
- You take pride in your craft, and hold yourself and others to high standards.
- You can approach software development from a user’s point of view. You don’t have to be a designer, but you know a good or bad user experience when you see it.
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a team that has created and shipped software to users.
- You are good at spoken and written communication – this includes design documentation, APIs, comments and everything else that goes with building maintainable software
- You’re passionate about the exciting parts of the job, but recognize that not all of the necessary work will be fun.
- You’re willing to learn various new technologies. The “cloud native” field of software is rapidly evolving: you’ll need to stay aware of it and quickly learn new technologies whenever necessary or relevant.
Our Technology Stack:
We use the following technologies; we have no minimum experience required for any of them, but you will need to learn them relatively quickly on the job, if you’re not already familiar with them.
- Python programming language
- Bash scripting
- Kubernetes, with Docker containers
- NodeJS and Go
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org